Monday, September 30, 2013

Taiwan week ending September 30, 2013

Subject: Inspired week

This week has been amazing. I am still getting to know the church members, less actives, recent converts and our investigators. It has been hard to learn their names, but after a while you realize they all have like the same last name. But this week we had several inspired lessons. I met yang JM (jiemei) and she was awesome. She takes care of her father, and if she goes to church she will be kicked out of her house, so right now she can't come to church, but she has such a strong testimony. This was my first time meeting her, and I planned a lesson what I was reading that morning in personal study. I was in Alma 42:4-6.
And thus we see, that there was a atime granted unto man to repent, yea, a bprobationary time, a time to repent and serve God.
 For behold, if Adam had put forth his hand immediately, and apartaken of the btree of life, he would have lived forever, according to the word of God, having no space for repentance; yea, and also the word of God would have been void, and the great plan of salvation would have been frustrated.
 But behold, it was appointed unto man to adie—therefore, as they were cut off from the tree of life they should be cut off from the face of the earth—and man became blost forever, yea, they became cfallen man.

 Those 3 verses stuck out to me, and so that is what we shared. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and why repentance is so important. Without repentance we are not able to change for the better, which is why it is so important that we have agency. This is why it is so important that we have the desire to do good. She told us she had not been able to feel the Holy Ghost as often, and she really wanted to. This lesson was perfect of her. I had never met her and I didn't know what she needed, but Heavenly Father did and He helped us share what we needed to with her to bring the spirit back into her life. Another lesson was with Ling Bai Mei, she is getting baptized Oct 5, 2013!! So soon, she is so ready, and I planned that lesson too. Cai JM (she is a recent convert, and her testimony is so strong) we taught about repentance, and we talked about why it is so important to read the scriptures every day. Cai JM has been really busy with work and had not been reading her scriptures every day. She talked about how this had affected her, and how she felt different. This lesson perfectly helped everyone, it really helps me appreciate the time I have every morning to study the scriptures.

It is really cool to be able to share my own personal experience that I had at home, and testify how they have made a difference in my life. Like reading the Book of Mormon as a family. I think it has made a difference while I was home. And to really be able to study them together bring a different spirit in your home. We were able to share this with many of our investigators that are not reading the Book of Mormon, and to testify that it makes a difference.

We get to do English proselyting every week, where we go somewhere and hand out a bunch of English class flyers. A girl came up to us and asked about the class, her English was so good!!! She was able to come to the class, and I was able to talk with her, she really wants to study abroad. I hope we can share the gospel with her, but if not we can influence her for the good. I had my first house contacting. On Thursday, we found a lady, Liao or Liu, that is interested in listening. We shared a little and prayed with her. It was awesome. I really hope we get the chance to teach her. The son of one of our investigator’s is being taught by the elders, and we are teaching her. She had started reading the Book of Mormon every day. It really makes a difference in everyone's life when they read the Book of Mormon every day. It is really interesting how much they change and start progressing when they are willing to come to church and read and pray.

The food is so good here. I had mango bin for the first time. It is mango on shaved ice with like syrup. So good. One day we had hongdong bin. Which is a disk with filling in it, we had chocolate, cream and peanut filling. This was dinner and it was so good!! I had shrimp brains this week. Yeah, it was interesting, it didn't taste like anything which I was very grateful.

Love Sister Basko

Wanted to add a short note here, Rachel is not updated her blog weekly I do it for her from her weekly emails home. Jeri (mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment